Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm thinking of traveling to the following cities in Europe. Thoughts


I'm thinking of traveling to the following cities in Europe. Thoughts?
I'm thinking of traveling to the following cities in Europe next year in the summer. I don't know if I can see everything, but these are the places on my list. I'd like some general suggestions, anything would do, such as must-see places in city, recommended things to do, and even nearby cities that I should make the effort of visiting. I think these cities are pretty much accessible because they're all nearby in some way and it's easy to travel from one to another. I sort of put them in order of how I would visit them, but if someone thinks the order doesn't really work, please let me know. I'm thinking of traveling by train for most of the cities, but by airplane when necessary. Amsterdam Bruges Brussels Luxembourg Salzburg Vienna Budapest Prague Krakow Warsaw Berlin
Other - Europe - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your itinerary seems ok for Holland / Belgium / Luxembourg. I guess you have already an idea about the "classics" in each city so I'll give you some alternatives. Amsterdam: Make a bicycle tour around the Ijselmeer to Lelystad, take the Ferry to Volendam and ride back to Amsterdam. Bruges: Make a bicycle tour along the Damse vaart to Damme. Damme is the Hometown of Tyl Uylenspiegel (book). Tip: Watch the movie "In Bruges" with Colin Farell Brussels: Visit "Rue the Boucher" - restaurant district - for the atmosphere but don't eat there. Instead dine in the Belgaqueen restaurant near the opera. http://www.belgaqueen.be/ If you are a good sport you might enjoy a rolllerparade in the evening: a guided in-line skating tour in and around the major cities in Belgium. You usually can rent the necessary material. For Bruges: http://debrugserollerparade.be/ For other main cities: http://www.belgiumrollers.com/ If you have the possiblity and haven't been there I would add somewhere London and Paris as well. Welcome to the old continent and have fun!
2 :
If you want to go to Budapest check this: http://www.budapesttips.co.uk/ ! There are a lot of information about Budapest, accommodation, sights and attractions. Give a try for Budapest:) The prices are very cheap, and the hungarian kitchen is amazing:)
3 :
add Ljubljana. you can put it between Vienna and Budapest.