Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm in college, planning to become a pharmacist. How do I become licensed in Europe once I finish


I'm in college, planning to become a pharmacist. How do I become licensed in Europe once I finish?
I live in california, and would like to continue schooling here, but afterward would love to become licensed to work in Europe. I want to live in Switzerland or Luxembourg and work as a Pharmacist. How does that work as far as licensing or whatever else may be necessary? Thanks!
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Well, besides the license, you need to know the language. Speaking off the top of my head, if your in the USA, then it is not that much trouble to get licensed in Canada, and that automatically makes it easy to get licensed in NZ, England, ect. BUT, getting licensed and maintaining it might be expensive, last I checked it cost about 700 dollars a year for a Canadian license. The thing to do would be to check the facts with a pharmacy school in one of the countries of interest. If you were an American living in Germany, then oftentimes the US Army is looking for civilian pharmacists there, that way you do not even have to have an additional language requirement. But being there would be ideal in getting the language skills needed for the job mobility your after. Consider also the Indian Health Service, much of the American Tribal Community lives in abject poverty, SD, ND, Montana especially, they really could use good pharmacists out there. see USAJOBS for those opportunities, they pop up from time to time.