Friday, May 21, 2010

URGENT Family law advice needed. Girlfriend is 5 months pregnant and we're in a bad situation, please read


URGENT Family law advice needed. Girlfriend is 5 months pregnant and we're in a bad situation, please read?
I am a 19 year old British citizen currently living in the U.K, My girlfriend is a 17 year old British citizen currently living with her mother in Luxembourg, Her father lives in the U.K, neither parent has sole responsibility over her. My girlfriend is 5 months pregnant, and her mother has demanded I travel from Luxembourg, where I was staying for 3 months at her house. I traveled back to the U.K from Luxembourg. My girlfriends mother is threatening that because I'm currently unemployed, without a house or private medical insurance, that she will put her name down on the baby's birth certificate when the baby is born and claim parental rights. She refuses to allow my girlfriend to travel back to the U.K and has gotten the Luxembourgian courts involved, The court date is in the autumn of 2010. no specific date is set. The courts are going to decide what will happen to my girlfriend and the baby. Whether she will stay with her mother. Or whether she will be put in a care home. I want my girlfriend and baby over in the U.K as soon as possible, and this whole event is very upsetting for both me and my girlfriend. What can be done to resolve this situation. I'm currently seeking work. I'm about to sign on with the job center for Job seekers allowance. Neither parent of my girlfriend is willing to grant her permission to travel. Her mother has stated that when the baby is born, she will claim parental control, She has also stated that I should not put my name down on the birth certificate because I don't have private medical insurance and the baby will be born in Luxembourg, My girlfriend is very upset by the whole situation and wants to be in the U.K with me. She wants to give birth in the U.K but feels her mother has her trapped. Please. Is there anything that can be done to help our situation ? Added information: - Her mother is addicted to sleeping tablets, She smokes weed, She works in the European court of Justice as a translator, She lives in a 5 Bedroom house with 4 Children (18 year old son, 17 year old daughter [who is my girlfriend], 16 year old daughter, 14 year old son), She has a lot of guests who stay in her house for long periods of time and sleep in the bedroom/basement the longest staying guest also smokes Weed, Her mother has been married twice divorced to both, first one was an abusive rapist, Second was a violent alcoholic. What information I have given I assume if brought up in court her mother would deny many of these claims.
Other - Family & Relationships - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
LEAVE YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND CHANGE ADDRESS. TRUST ME, IT'S FOR THE BEST. YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LOOKING AFTER A BABY AND PAYING CHILD SUPPORT. SHIT MAN, WHY DID YOU GET YOURSELF IN THAT SITUATION IN THE FIRST PLACE?
2 :
Run fast and get a job when you have one you can do a lot of things like getting medical insurance, a house and be able to take care of your family.