Tuesday, April 7, 2009

i have an opportunity to work abroad for two months in either luxembourg or istanbul- which city is better


i have an opportunity to work abroad for two months in either luxembourg or istanbul- which city is better?
i know it depends on the type of person you are etc but i'd just like to hear your opinions and views if you've been to one of these cities or both. thanks :)
Other - Europe - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
istanbul
2 :
I can't speak for Istanbul, so I won't say either is a better option (especially since I have heard that Istanbul is a really neat city), but I've been to Luxembourg and I absolutely loved it. The city has caves under it that you can tour and wander around in (took about 2 hours to get through when I went there) and the architecture is just beautiful. There is also a lot of good shopping, if that is something you care about, and the mix of French and German culture is really fun, as well, and makes for great food selection. It's also hard to beat the location because the country is so small. It's just a quick trip to France, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, and Switzerland. Austria, Denmark, and Italy aren't too far either. Plenty of options for weekend trips should you get the chance. Either way you choose, you'll get to experience fantastic cultures, lots of history, good food, and beautiful surroundings. I honestly don't think you can go wrong, no matter which city you decide on.
3 :
Dear Sophia: I've lived in BOTH! I liked Turkey~ but I would choose *LUX., as the Superior Choice! (Especially since you are female.) Secular Muslim Countries should be avoided, by you. Take my advice. You will be happy you did!
4 :
Luxembourg. It has a considerably higher GDP and quality of life than Istanbul, and as one of the others said, since Turkey is a mostly Islamic country, it might be interesting living and working there as a female. If you have the opportunity to work in Luxembourg I would certainly take it.