Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Will my US GPS work in Luxembourg


Will my US GPS work in Luxembourg?
I'm taking a vacation to Luxembourg and I'm renting a car. Will my nuvi GPS work in Luxembourg or do I have to get a European one?
Other - Europe - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You'll have to download the maps for Luxembourg before you go, but I would call the company your GPS is from and find out if it'll work even with the downloaded maps.
2 :
Normally when you buy a GPS, you buy maps for only one country or continent. You will need to check with your GPS maker to see what maps you have installed on your GPS. You can always buy maps for Europe but you can typically buy a European GPS cheaper than buying the maps themselves. I would check with your rental company about renting one there also. Good luck.
3 :
Probably not. Your best bet would be to rent a GPS with your car, it will be cheaper then the upgrade or buying a European model.