Thursday, April 21, 2011

I got a suspicious email


I got a suspicious email??
I was looking for jobs in craigslist and most of them have you email your resume to their emails. I finally got a respond from some luxembourg art company. The email said that I'd be working from home, handling customer checks and money orders. Because their office is under renovation. Then it asked for my name, number, and address. Does this sound suspicious to you guys? should I delete it or would it be safe to continue the correspondence and see if it's legit? Thanks.
Other - Careers & Employment - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sounds like it has the potential for being highly illegal, and/or a big scam. I'd stay away from it. Work for companies in your own country.
2 :
Delete it ............ spam........dangerous......
3 :
Yes. They will send you foreign checks and ask you to forward the money to them, minus your commission. Then the foreign checks will bounce because they are not from real accounts, and you will lose whatever money you sent to them. If this was a legitimate business, they would just have their customers send the money directly to them.
4 :
Can be either one. Use PO Box to be safe to continue correspondence. This way you're protected from id theft, and at the same time able to see whether this is a legitimate opportunity. Never never give away personal info to strangers, especially bank info.